Drupal 8 Address module features:
- Address formats for 200 countries
- Subdivisions (administrative areas, localities, dependent localities) for 40 countries
- Subdivision translations for all of the parent country’s (i.e Canada, Switzerland) official languages.
- Field type
- Validation and formatting of entered addresses
- Zones (territorial groupings mostly used for shipping or tax purposes)
Drupal 8 Address module installation
Drupal 8 Address module must be installed via Composer, in order to get the required libraries. The tarballs are provided for informative purposes only.
1. Add the Drupal Packagist repository
composer config repositories.drupal composer https://packagist.drupal-composer.org
This allows Composer to find Address and the other Drupal modules.
2. Download Drupal 8 Address module and dependencies
composer require "drupal/address ~8.1"
This will download the latest release of Address.
Use 8.1.x-dev instead of ~8.1 to get the -dev release instead.
3. Update Drupal 8 Address module
composer update drupal/address --with-dependencies
to update Address to a new release.
As aboved said, we can’t install and update Address module in Drupal 8 as other regular module, which we have to use composer to solve the dependencies. Just go to the website root folder and use aboved composer command to install or update the address module in Drupal 8.